Time flies by isn’t it? There was a time when people had to communicate and talk by passing on letters and wait for days and months to get a reply back. That had its own aura and sense of love. But now, thanks to the technology and the scientists. Without them this wouldn’t have been possible any day. Now miles away we don’t even feel the distance. It feels so near to us.
Heard of whatsapp? Well, who wouldn’t have in such a fast moving and happening society. So this legendary application was founded by Jan Koum and Brian Acton and he made all the communication possible within a fraction of second. Whatsapp is now taken over by Facebook since 2014 but continues to operate as a separate app. We just blink our eyes and the message is already delivered to the sender. Yes it’s that easy. No second thoughts to talk. Just install “whatsapp” on your phones and there you go! Earlier sending video messages and images was a big issue but not now. Every problem finds its solution in the long run. So did this. Sending messages through whatsapp is free of cost. We just need an active internet connection.
Services of Whatsapp-
- Sending text messages
- Sending audio messages
- Sharing contact details
- Share images, files and videos
- Share live location
- Free video calling
We can send messages to anyone having whatsapp installed in their phones and it takes less than a second to reach them. If we wish to share any contact details with anyone, we don’t have to type the entire number and the rest but just share the details with one click. It’s gone so simple.
Earlier, sending image files through phones was a big NO and videos were beyond imagination. But with this feature of whatsapp we can share image and video files upto 16 mb. Someone wishing to locate you can check your live location directly through whatsapp. And until earlier, there was just Skype to do video calling, but now whatsapp blog has provided us with this feature too.
How to make an account on whatsapp-
- go to Play Store for android users and type “whatsapp” to install
- App Store for iOS users and type Whatsapp and click on install.
Every coin has two sides, one being the pros and the other its cons. So does whatsapp. Whatsapp has made things easy and smooth for the world. So let us take a look at the positive and negative sides of whatsapp.
Benefits of whatsapp-
- Cost effective(just needs an active internet connection)
- Business deals can be discussed- Distance is no more an issue now. Because now over phones, there can be direct conversation between customer and supplier.
- Notes can be exchanged among students- Students willing to discuss and study has a solution to this problem too.
- Like-minded people can also create groups- they can discuss about the common topics or interaction be made easy.
- give an invitation for a birthday party or events etc
Shortcomings of whatsapp-
- information can be exchanged if we have an active internet connection
- fails in restricted area such as flights etc where no availability of internet is there.
- distraction for the teens as they are in a habit of checking their phones regularly waiting for the messages- Jokes and trolls tend to shift their concentration.
- also aloof us from the outside world
It has been an asset to the world as it has made our life way easier than it was before. With everyday changes happening, let us see in the coming years what all new features are added to it and how it is making our lives more comfortable.